We invite you to the 16th EAACI Immunology Winter School which will be hold in Saas-Fee, Switzerland between 25th - 28th of January 2018.
This 3-day residential School is aimed primarily at young investigators (e.g. PhD students and early post-docs) and focuses on the immunology related to allergy, asthma as well as autoimmunity and immune deficiency.
Previous Winter Schools have been very successful in attracting young investigators and bringing them together with their peers, the invited keynote speakers and the board members of the Immunology Section, who are all clinical and basic scientists.
In the alpine setting of Saas-Fee the Winter School will combine outstanding science presented by both the invited speakers and the participants with winter sports and social
activities and thus provide an ideal setting for learning and networking. Many collaborations and long lasting professional friendships have resulted from previous
Immunology Winter Schools.
At the upcoming 16th Immunology Winter School six outstanding keynote speakers will cover the following topics:
• Mechanisms of T cell homeostasis (Adrian Liston, Belgium)
• Role of B cells in maintaining tolerance (Mübeccel Akdis, Switzerland)
• Immune-metabolism interactions (Peter Ghazal, United Kingdom)
• Immune response to allergen-specific immunotherapy (Stephan Till, United Kingdom)
• Microbiome-host interactions in the lung (Yvonne Huang, USA)
• Epithelial cells in immunity/inflammation of asthma and COPD (Irene Heijink, The
We are looking forward to welcoming 70 participants, who will be selected based on the quality of their abstracts.
15th of August 2017
Deadline of application:
1st October 2017 at 24:00 CET
Hotel Allalin****, Saas-Fee, Switzerland
Participants will be invited to attend the Winter School free of charge with accommodation provided and will only have to fund their own travel. A limited number of travel grants will also be available.
For further information please visit the